Canon MG5240 Reviews
Wireless setup without cd
Canon Pixma MG5240 Wireless Setup, Reviews, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software Download For Mac, Windows, Linux – Recent years have seen Canon’s Pixma devices become the adage for inkjet quality, so we were interested to see if the new Canon PIXMA MG5240 can continue with this fad. It’s certainly an attractive printer. As with the majority of Pixma items, it’s dressed in glossy black plastic, and also it’ll sit well in the trendiest of research studies or living rooms.Canon has emphasized how straightforward it is to make use of, as well. The right-hand side of the device houses the control panel, which is dominated by a little 2.4 in color display, and sitting beneath is an iPod-style round control that’s used to scroll via the extensive series of alternatives. More buttons make it very easy to transform nearly every print, scan and also copy setup.
It’s well-designed somewhere else, also; a USB port can be used to pack photos directly onto the printer from your camera– they’re previewed on the screen– and also there’s a card visitor behind a little flap. The screen itself can be slanted upwards, and also the paper tray accepts 150 sheets of A4.The style is matched by a large print high quality. Photographic prints are frequently the strength of Pixma printers, and that’s true right here: bright, dazzling colors and dark, even blacks controlled photos. We observed minor graining across broad areas of color and also, sometimes, jagged edges on sharper areas, yet it’s absolutely nothing also distracting and also, crucially, above its rivals.
Quality elsewhere was a variety. Mono text had not been as sharp as we liked, with fuzzy sides to the thick, dark letters, while draft top quality looked weak and washed out. On non-photographic paper photos and graphics were reasonably bright, yet a touch fuzzy. Once more, it’s fine for day-to-day usage, however not as good as it could be. As we have pertained to get out of Canon’s MFPs, scans had a lot of detail as well as you obtain Canon’s exceptional ScanGear software.The Canon PIXMA MG5240 could just return common cause our rate examinations, as well. While it’s 13.4 ppm pace at draft and 9.4 ppm speed at regular quality is fine, these numbers dropped when we charged it with more great jobs: it chugged with our 24-page color record at just 3.4 ppm. Scan rate s are normal for an MFP at 2.6 pages each min.
The Canon PIXMA MG5240 is brand-new, no retailers had stock sometimes of going to press, to ensure that ₤ 150 price ought to drop a little as soon as stores begin to complete. Ink pricing also looks pricey presently, as we needed to determine the costs using Canon’s RRSPs, so each of the five cartridges expenses ₤ 12, The prices each web page at these rates exercise unreasonably high. However, we confidently expect them to decrease in line with other Canon printers, such as the MP640.The Pixma MG5240 sits in the middle of the road in most areas, with proper design, acceptable print high quality and also variable print speeds. At this rate, though, you can invest in the Pixma MP640 if you desire more top print quality or the HP Officejet 6000 if you desire rate. Compared to the competition, the MG5240 simply doesn’t do enough to stand apart. Canon PIXMA MG5240 Driver Download and Wireless Setup, Installation – Windows, Linux, Mac
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG5220 Driver Download
System Operating :
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA MG5240 Ink:
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
Canon PIXMA MG5240 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on the computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once it’s finished, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Select the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-clicking the printer icon and click Properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work correctly.
Canon PIXMA MG5240 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit confusing for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exists on your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed correctly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work correctly.
Canon PIXMA MG5200 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64)
Canon PIXMA MG5200 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)
Canon PIXMA MG5200 MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.03 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
Canon PIXMA MG5200 Quick Menu Ver.2.7.1 (Windows)
Canon PIXMA MG5200 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.126.96.36.199 (Mac)
Canon PIXMA MG5200 series Scanner Driver Ver.17.7.1b (Mac)
Canon PIXMA MG5200 ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (Mac)
Canon PIXMA MG5200 IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 (Mac)
Canon PIXMA MG5200 Linux IJ Printer driver
Canon PIXMA MG5200 Linux IJ Scanner driver
Canon PIXMA MG5200 Linux IJ Sanner Driver Source file
Canon PIXMA MG5200 Linux IJ Printer Driver Source file
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG5240:
Setting up the wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is pretty easy. This article will describe the steps to install wireless connection using WPS connection method. Some requirements need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button, and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flashes blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the operation is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page, and it means the installation is successful.