Canon MG6640 Review
Canon Pixma MG6640 Driver Download, Wireless Setup, Reviews, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software Download For Mac, Windows, Linux – Canon PIXMA MG6640 is one of Canon multifunction printer product which created with elegant looks as well as lightweight. The printer measurements are 455 x 369 x 148 mm with weight 6.4 kg, it is definitely thought about light for multifunction printer which has function more than just print record. The power source that required for the printer is Air Conditioner 100-240V and also the printer only eat 12 Watt in operating mode as well as only 0.2 Watt.
The Canon PIXMA MG6640 uses CIS Flatbed for the scanner which sustained with 7.5 centimeters Touch Screen display that allow you to inspect the paper before it checked, printed, or replicated. The printer supplies 30 selectable languages making individuals could select the language they intend to use. You could connect to the printer using Hi-Speed USB and also Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi link also enables you to share the printer likewise print from any kind of location within the network.
The Canon PIXMA MG6640 is a clever looking inkjet multifunction peripheral (MFP) for basic residence use. It can print, scan and also make copies, however not send out or get faxes, and Wi-Fi assistance lets you share it conveniently over a residence network. There’s no USB port for straight prints, however there are SD and Memory Stick card ports, plus assistance for scanning to or printing from cloud solutions like Dropbox. NFC assistance allows you rapidly match a smart phone, yet we’re still to be convinced that this is a lot more than a trick.
The Canon PIXMA MG6640 is a sensibly swift printer, doling out our 25-page message test at a rate of 13.5 pages each min (ppm). Draft setting might conserve ink, but at 13.8 ppm it was barely quicker. Colour printing was much less remarkable, with the complicated graphics of our examination reducing to 3.7 ppm – a middling result. Picture prints just weren’t especially quick, either, with each 6×4″ borderless image requiring slightly over two minutes. Text, colour graphics and also image prints were all incredibly great, nonetheless, as were black as well as colour xeroxes. Canon PIXMA MG6640 Driver and Software Download – Windows, Linux, Mac
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG6620 Driver Download
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 Ink:
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
Canon PIXMA MG6640 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on the computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once it’s finished, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Select the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-clicking the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work correctly.
Canon PIXMA MG6640 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit confusing for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exists on your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed correctly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Select your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work correctly.
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG6640:
Setting up wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is actually pretty easy. This article will describes the steps to install wireless connection using WPS connection method. There are some requirements that need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flash blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page and it means the installation is successful.
Canon PIXMA MG6640 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.80 (Windows)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.0 (Windows)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (Source file)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (Source file)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG6640 ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)