Canon Pixma MX492 Driver Download, Wireless Setup, Reviews, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software Download For Mac, Windows – Providing a size reduction of 30% as compared to its precursor, the white Canon PIXMA MX492 Wireless Office All-in-One Inkjet Printer from Canon provides individuals print, scan, copy, and also fax capabilities along with wireless connection without sacrificing a significant quantity of your beneficial work desk space. Printing is possible at a maximum resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi for large images as well as the MX492 can create as much as 8.8 ppm in black & white or 4.4 pm in the shade. Likewise, borderless printing is possible as well as it could produce an indeterminate 4 x 6″ picture in around 70 seconds.
Via making use of the 8.5 x 11.7″ flatbed or the 20-sheet automatic document feeder, the Canon PIXMA MX492 can scan documents at approximately 2400 x 1200 dpi. This system additionally allows shade copying at a price of 3.6 ppm in addition to faxing. For creating thorough photos, the MX492 makes use of a 4-color crossbreed ink system with dye-based shade ink and also a pigment-based black ink for sharp text. Also, it has a 100-sheet input tray for plain paper. And also, with wireless connectivity, as well as USB 2.0, it could print directly from smartphones using PIXMA Printing Solutions in addition to Google Cloud Print and even Apple AirPrint.
The first thing you’ll notice about the MX492 is its little type factor. At 17.2″ by 11.7″ by 7.5″ and also 17.2 pounds, it’s the tiniest, quickest and lightest printer in the Pixma MX lineup. Constructed for the university dorm room or the city office, the Canon PIXMA MX492 does not hold a lot of paper (100 sheets) and also it doesn’t use lots of paper format choices (from 4X6 to Legal-sized paper). The auto document feeder could only handle 20 web pages each time, so don’t expect to print your thesis on this equipment in one resting.
At the lower end of the printing, spectrum comes the Canon Pixma MX492 ($99.99, US-only). For those of you that want to print records on-the-cheap, without using up excessive work desk room, as well as without needing to navigate excessively complicated functions, this unit may be an ideal fit (yet probably isn’t really).
The Canon PIXMA MX492 provides copying, faxing and also scanning capabilities. You can access this gadget from a variety of cloud and also mobile applications, such as Apple’s AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and even the PIXMA Printing Solutions app. Sadly, this device isn’t NFC compatible, so you will not have the ability to one-touch print like you could on more costly Canon makers. It likewise doesn’t have a touchscreen, which isn’t always negative considering Canon printer touchscreens are annoying. You can access this gadget wirelessly and also it has a high-speed wireless USB port. However, these are ordinary functions that every brand-new printer will undoubtedly have.
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG4220 Driver Download
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA MX492 Ink:
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
Canon PIXMA MX492 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on the computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a laptop with a Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for the printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-clicking the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exists in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed correctly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Driver Download:
Name Drivers and Operating System
Canon PIXMA MX 492 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows/Vista/XP)
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows/Vista/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 Quick Menu Ver.2.7.1 (Windows)
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 My Image Garden Software Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series Full Driver & Software Package Ver. 1.2(Mac OS X )|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 My Image Garden Ver.3.5.1 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 IJ Scan Utility Software Ver.2.3.4 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 (Linux)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 (Linux)|
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MX492 :
Setting up the wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is pretty easy. This article will describe the steps to install wireless connection using the WPS connection method. Some requirements need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button, and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flashes blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page, and it means the installation is successful.